Back to tags
Going Live Matthew Tunstall |
It has taken far too long but the new look DeltaNova is now here. History Back in January 2021, I made the decision to move away from WordPress. This was the start of a long process of exporting the data from the WordPress database into static files. The static files were in ReStructured Text format and I move the site over to Sphinx. Until now this is what the site was being built with.
February Update Matthew Tunstall |
It has been a while since the last site update. There are a few reasons for this. Last year I started working on a plan to switch the site over from Sphinx and Restructured Text to Hugo and Markdown. I made a good bit of progress with this and the new design was coming along nicely. Work and other commitments then proceeded to take up my time. Things have calmed down a little and I hope to have a little more time available to work on the site.
October Update 2 Matthew Tunstall |
I’m currently experimenting with using rsync over ssh to update the site. My hope is that by having a scripted command to push updates to the site I can do them more often with less effort. After my first attempt at running the command to upload this post I am happy to report that it worked and took seconds. This might be due to it being a file updated by ABlog rather than Sphinx as a whole.
A Few Fixes Matthew Tunstall |
Headings Some of the headings were a little oversized for the body text. Hopefully these are now a better size. I’ve also changed the font-weight back to bold to make them stand out. Sphinx Build I was getting frustrated at the time it was taking Sphinx to build the site. I had been looking around for solutions/alternatives. It was only after digging into the build options and looking back over my Makefile that I found my bottleneck.
April 2021 Update Matthew Tunstall |
Changes It has been a while since I last posted a significant update. If you are returning to the site you will notice the biggest difference, no more WordPress. I finally gave up on WordPress. I was never happy with it since the introduction of the block editor. I had been considering the move to a static site for a while and had experimented with a few different site generators. I settled on Sphinx as it meets my needs and that is what generates the site today.