I was trying to solve the Web Font issue and stumbled across a plug-in for a mobile theme. The theme was set to ignore the Nexus 7 as a mobile device but I have decided to re-enable it for that. I'm unlikely to put further work into a mobile theme. The plug-in is all you are getting.
The site will look more or less the same as it did last time you looked at it, but a few things have been changing. The first thing you will notice is the great big video window after the first post. This is the Webb Report, a regular commentary on the happenings of all things internet related.
The next major change is to the sidebar (to the right). WordPress has supported widgets for a while and I have finally made the sidebar widget aware. This allows for easier modification of the contents of the side bar as well as for some new additions. The order of the sections in the sidebar may change as I try and work out where things look best. If you have any options on this please let me know.
I have also activated the tag support in the site theme. The newer posts are the more likely to have tags although i might add them to some older posts if I go back to modify or update them.
A few minor tweaks that will probably go unnoticed are those to the font declaration in the style sheet. I have attempted to make the site a little more consistent across different browsers and platforms. The one minor bug that was irritating me, now solved, was the position of the time and date in the header when running on Firefox with Linux. There was no gap between the bottom of the text and the border, now there is a little bit of space which makes it look much more presentable.
After making a few changes to problem scripts and my own typos the site is once again Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.