An Experiment In Web Fonts¶
DeltaNova might look a little different from today. I have changed the font of the site to something I think is a little easier to read. I am using one of Google’s Web Fonts, meaning a font downloaded during the page loading, rather than using the font on your hard disk. Why do this? The main reason is that not all fonts are available on all devices. This was easy to cater for when most people accessed the web with a desktop or laptop with known default fonts, but more people are accessing from varying mobile devices. Using a Web Font will allow me to style the site as I intend it to look without caring what fonts the end user has access to.
So currently I am thinking of sticking with this font. However I have found a small issue. Whilst the site displays correctly on IE & Firefox (Win&Linux) on the desktop I am having mixed results with Chrome on my Nexus 7. The N7 will display correctly in landscape mode but for some reason, portrait mode causes some of the fonts to revert to the fall-back font. I’m left scratching my head on this one but I may need to consider designing a dedicated mobile version of the site.