I Blew Up The Iron :(¶
It was an unusual day as Tom (my housemate) had decided to use the iron. We never use the iron, its too complicated. After leaving the iron on for 30 mins it still wasnt getting warm. Tom told me this so I decided to check it out. It had water in, everything looked ok except the light wasn’t on. I thought it best to try and change the heat setting as some irons also use this as an on off switch. It was at this point as i held it in my hands, that there was an electric blue flash and a loud bang. I dropped the thing back down onto the tumble dryer where it had been sitting. Its now left a nice little brown mark where the spark earthed itself. Thankfully I’m still allive. It just leaves the explaining to the landlord on how we have blown up one of her electrical items.
I’ve only ever blown up an electric whisk before now and that continued to work. I fear the iron to be dead though :(.