It's that time of year again when I look back over the goals I set myself over the previous year and decide on some new ones for the year ahead. I’m a little late posting this year but I was suffering from a winter cold.
What I intended to do in 2017:
- Lose weight – Failed, I managed to stay the same for most of the year only to gain weight for Christmas 🙁
- Continue work on STM32 development – I have done very little
- Clear out Garage – A few large items need to go and are still there.
- Build a new PC – I managed to do this one. About time too.
- Finish Back Yard – The last step is still waiting to be installed.
- Buy a new kitchen bin – It didn’t happen.
- Cook something new – I cooked some duck legs and served with a plum sauce.
- Eat more healthily – I ate more healthy things but ended up eating more.
- Perform more data backups – Can always use more.
- Read more books – I still have a shelf of unread books.
- Plan Free time – Limited success.
2017 was perhaps a year to forget. Work was busier due to retirements and changes in staffing levels and increasing workload. Getting home from work tired doesn’t result in productive evenings.
What I aim to do in 2018:
- Lose weight – I have some trousers I would like to fit again.
- Continue work on STM32 development – I had a new board for Christmas and I need to do something with it.
- Experiment with CPLD – I found a cheap development board I want to play with.
- Clear out Garage – The last garage fridge failed so it can now due a full clear out.
- Go 4k - It might be time to buy a 4k TV or computer monitor.
- Finish Back Yard – The step will be installed at long last.
- Eat more healthily – Less chocolate, fat, carbs.
- Perform more data backups – More off-site backups too.
- Read more books – I have a shelf of unread books waiting to be read.
- Plan Free time – Make time for things I want to do.
- Reduce Netflix use – Spend evenings away from TV
- Tackle the Rodent Problem – The rats have returned to my loft 🙁
2018 has many of the same goals as for 2017. The 3 I would like to achieve are losing weight, clearing out the garage and reading more books. If I can manage these 3 then I might find some of the others get done as a result.